The First Single

I intended to start this post telling you all about me, but I figure that you'll find out more as this blog progresses. I'm just going to give you a little background info to get us started.

Hi, my name's Kayla! It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance. No, seriously, it is. I'm starting this blog mainly to talk to more people like me. I'm 23 years old and I have no clue what I'm doing with my life. Normally if someone says they don't know what they're doing with their life, it means they're lost. I'm not lost, more aimlessly wandering. And that doesn't bother me.

I currently live with my boyfriend (hereby known as "Bigfoot"), three other roommates, and my cat in Boston. I work a 9-5 in an office downtown. I don't want to go into too many details, as I think my work life should be kept separate from the rest of my life, but I genuinely enjoy what I do on a daily basis. But this blog is about life outside of work, the unstructured world around me and how I take it in and how it shapes me.

I titled this blog 'The Lottery Song' after a song of the same title (originally Harry Nilsson, covered by The Format, if you're curious). The lyrics include the lines "If life is just a gamble/gamble if you want to win/If life can be so easy/let the wheel of fortune spin". It reminds me of my aforementioned aimless wandering. Also, you're probably going to notice that I mention song titles or lyrics a lot. Music often has the ability to translate my internal sensations into words better than I can, so I rely on the music to convey the message.

This blog is going to contain posts on a variety of topics, but one thing I want to ensure is that it's not just me blathering on. I want to generate discussion, I want to get to know my readers, and I want you to feel like you're getting to know me. I want your input and insight. There are so many of us 20-somethings stumbling about the day-to-day, and I want to know just as much about your adventures as I share about mine.

To end my first post, here's a picture of my cat.

Also, I'd like to thank the supportive ladies on TwoXChromosomes for encouraging the creation of this blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

I just started this blog. As with everything else in my life, I have no clue what I'm doing.

Contact Info

If you ever want to contact me about anything at all, feel free to email me at redraconteur1013@gmail.com. I'm open to any suggestions you may have for the blog, questions you have for me personally, or anything related to guest posts, product reviews, etc.

About

My name is Kayla. I started this blog as a means of documenting my journey from fashion victim to totally stylish (I hope). Problem is, I have no clue what I'm doing. Using the resources available to me (aka, the Internet) I'm hoping to develop my own sense of style.