I love that dirty water

What is happening to my city? Today's post was supposed to be full of inspiration. One of my coworkers was running the 117th Boston Marathon, her first ever marathon, and I wanted to tell you all about how amazing she is and how she inspires me. I was supposed to have been at the finish line around 4 pm to cheer her on as she crossed the finish line.

Instead, the sign with her name and bib number sits at my cubicle. She is at home, thankfully safe with her family, but upset because she only made it to Mile 25. And I spent the last two hours of my work day watching the news of the bombing unfold. I sat there, my chin rested on my fist, mesmerized by the images in front of me. Who did this? Why? Who murdered an 8 year old child? Who amputated the limbs of innocent spectators out enjoying the beautiful day? Who stole my coworker's dream out from under her? Why? Why would you do this to these people? To my city?

I'm crying right now. And I have no right to be crying because I'm at home in front of my computer. Bigfoot is fine, all my friends are fine, nobody I know was hurt. The worst thing that happened to me today was that I had to reroute my commute home due to closed streets and public transportation. But I'm in tears anyway because this is my city and these are my people and someone hurt them and I'm not ok with that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

I just started this blog. As with everything else in my life, I have no clue what I'm doing.

Contact Info

If you ever want to contact me about anything at all, feel free to email me at redraconteur1013@gmail.com. I'm open to any suggestions you may have for the blog, questions you have for me personally, or anything related to guest posts, product reviews, etc.

About

My name is Kayla. I started this blog as a means of documenting my journey from fashion victim to totally stylish (I hope). Problem is, I have no clue what I'm doing. Using the resources available to me (aka, the Internet) I'm hoping to develop my own sense of style.